Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In the Beginning...

This story takes place on an ordinary evening sometime in early March.

So, I'm sitting on the couch watching television while Ray is sort of tinkering around the house. It's late and I'm starting to crave some chocolate and maybe a small glass of dessert wine as a nightcap. I notice Ray walking into the kitchen and I hear the sound of drawers opening and closing. A few minutes later I hear him hammering something. This sound really doesn't bother me. Obviously he is trying to fix something.

However, curiosity got the best of me and I just had to find out what was so important that it required such late night hammering. To my amazement, Ray was not fixing anything, but breaking something. And that "something" was my birth control pills!

Laid out on the cutting board like a sacrific on an alter, Ray hammered away at my little yellow pill case. Specks of pills and chips of the plastic case were flying everywhere. The front of Ray's shirt was covered in pill dust. It was the most cute and slightly disturbing sight I had ever seen. Leave it to a theatre student to find the most dramatic way of telling his wife he is ready to start a family.

And of course I agreed with him. You just don't argue with a man holding a hammer and covered in birth control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Ray,
Mayer and I are so excited for both of you. Love your stories and hope that you will keep it up so we can watch your progress. Maybe soon we will see a picture of the new Mommy to be. Be well and enjoy each and every moment.
Sandy Schnell