Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Baby Shower

On August 5th , Linda and David hosted our baby shower in Phoenix. It was a wonderful event. Ray and I were surprised at the amount of people who attended. We had a wonderful evening playing baby shower games and catching up on everyone’s lives. Both our moms kicked ass with the food they busted out with. I’m sure David managed to finish all the leftovers in a couple of days.

Now that all the packages have been open, the baby clothes are all cleaned and the baby room is currently taking shape, I can now start to breath a little and take stock of what our new baby has.

I can safely say that the baby now has enough burp clothes to last until college.
I know that baby manual John and Maggie gave us was a huge hit at the shower. Everyone at the shower got to read it except us! I was surprised that we were even able to smuggle it out of Phoenix.

The real show stopper was the vibrating teething ring that made many of our guest think of very ‘adult’ things to do with it. I’ve made sure to disinfect that teething ring- twice!

Both grandma Ginny and my Girl Scout troop leader/ dear friend Ruth both gave the baby beautiful handmade items.

Ray and I are not ashamed to admit that we are already jealous of the baby. It’s bathtub is way cooler then ours and the ducky shower set is just too cute.

It is hard to believe that the baby’s clothes have taken up half the closet already and its not even born yet!

Currently I am working on the thank you notes which I hope to get out to everyone before Christmas. (Sorry, but I’m now running on military time.)

No comments: