Friday, August 03, 2007

Oh, The Things You'll Learn


Every day, Elektra is learning and growing. I wake up excited each morning wondering what new discovery she will make today. She has discovered her feet and spends several moments during the day playing with them or trying to eat her own toes!


Now she is learning to crawl. She is able to pull herself across the floor and if she gets tired of doing that then she just rolls herself over to where she wants to go.


She loves jumping and is content spending hours just doing that. But the greatest thing she has learned to do by far is smiling. Every morning she wakes up with a smile on her face. (I'm serious, you can ask Ray, Linda and my mom, they've all seen it). I've joked about the fact that while most babies wake up with a look on their face that says, "Don't even talk to me until I've had my Starbucks", Elektra wakes up like Snow White with her hair perfectly in place and birds dancing all around her while I'm expecting at any moment for her to break out into a song.


She smiles at everyone and where ever we go, she seems to have a natural way of brightening people's day. I just hope that this is a stage she never grows out of.

No comments: