Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Santana Row


Elektra checking out a store selling gourmet chocolates on Santana Row


My niece, Tia and my mom joined us in California for two weeks. During their time here I took Tia to every teenager's favorite place- the mall.

We did what any two sensible women would do, we shopped. Well, actually we did 10% real shopping and 90% window shopping.

Across the street from the mall is yet another mall called Santana Row. I'm sure Mrs. Winchester would be happy to know that her home, now a tourist attraction, is across the street and adjacent to two major malls.

Santana Row is an outdoor mall filled with high-end stores like Gucci and Coach. Above the stores are posh loft style apartments. Tia was amazed that people could live right above these stores. I think she started drooling at the very thought of it.

This is the type of place I totally see someone like Frank living at. Top restaurants, European stores, VIP clubs/bars, live weekly entertainment and a vibrant youthful vibe all in one place.

Okay, I admit, even I'd love to live here. But considering that their 4-bedroom cost $5,000 a month, I seriously doubt we will be moving here any time soon. Oh, but one can dream...


Checking out the apartments above the shops.


Strolling down the row


I'm not even going to ask how much that top corner loft cost.


More shops and apartments

No comments: