Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sun & Surf

So I finally did it! (No, not that, you nasty minded people! Shame on you!)

Anyway, I finally went tubing down the river! I've heard rumors for years about this mysterious place in Arizona where there is a river with actual flowing water in which people get on tubes and float down it for fun.

At first I thought this to be one of those desert myths like the jackalope, but it's true, water does actually flow in the Arizona in the middle of summer!

Our clan consisted of Bruce, Mauri, Linda, Ray and my nieces, Keisha & Tia. Of the seven of us there, only Bruce, Linda and Ray had ever been tubing before.

During our float down the river we got stuck in the trees a lot. Bruce got beached on a large rock, and I killed a crab.

Okay, let me explain the crab killing part....

Ray, my wonderful hero, swam through the water to rescue a kid's floating crab tube that I then used to keep my butt up in the tube. Earlier, the rapids had torn a hole in the sheet that was covering my tube and helping my butt stay up.

Well, we hit another major rapid and this time the rocks popped a hole in my little crab, (although Ray swears it was my big butt that killed the crab).

Halfway through the tubing experience, Tia took off without us and we didn't see her again until it was time to get out the water. This was a shock to see considering Tia was screaming bloody murder when we first got in the water. Keisha refused to take off here top and show off her cool bikini. And both girls seemed disgusted that the college guys there kept looking at them. Go figure!

Yes, we saw plenty of boobs, both barely covered and fully exposed. We took part in the famous marshmallow fight and did our part to keep the river clean by collecting about six bags worth of floating trash.

No, none of us ever flashed our boobs for beer. Mauri and Linda wouldn't. Keisha and Tia better not. And I really didn't think my sagging boobs would get me much more then a half drank can of some warm, cheap beer.

Overall, it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again.





Tia settling into her tube


Keisha having a good laugh


Bruce getting himself un-beached from a rock


Our awesome floating cooler


Trying to keep together after hitting some rapids


Going in circles


Look, its a floating Mauri!


Mama Linda and half of my hubby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've always been afraid to go tubing what with the frat crowd, pee and trash in the water. it looks like fun though.

your nieces better get used to being looked at! aaaa!

-Minerva