Sunday, August 02, 2009

I Can Only Be Me

Butterflies begin from having been another
As a child is born from being in a mother's womb


But how many times have you wished you were some other

someone than who you are


Yet who's to say that if all were uncovered

You would like what you see




You can only be you

As I can only be me




Flowers cannot bloom until it is their season

As we would not be here unless it was our destiny



But how many times have you wished to be in spaces
Time places than what you were



Yet who's to say with unfamiliar faces You could anymore be

Loving you that you see



You can only be you

As I can only be


me




"I Can Only Be Me" - lyrics by Stevie Wonder



3 comments:

Just call me Mommy said...

Your so beautiful. Truly beautiful.

Christina said...

this made me all teary eyed.
:'/

The 5 C's said...

Darn you. You made me cry. Beautiful as always you and your family will be.