Thursday, October 01, 2009

First Day of School?????

In case you haven't heard, my beautiful young niece, Tia is now living with Ray and I. Why? Well, she asked and we said yes. It actually works out well. Ray feels better having someone here to help me when he is on travel and I feel better not being alone should something happen. ( It seems that most things that 'happen' to me occur sometime between midnight and 4:oo am.)

Anyway, little miss Tia is here and today she started her first day at her new school. I got up early in the morning to help get her out of bed, out of the mirror and out the door. I even walked her to the bus stop here on base. (All high school students have to either get a ride to school from their parents or take the public transit). I was very tempted to ride with her to school and do an 'Edward'- wait for her outside of every class.

As it were, her first day of school had a very 'Twilight' feel to it. Everyone was curious about her coming from Phoenix, Az., asking her why she moved, how could she stand the heat, and did she like California. A girl came up to her and made friends with her very quickly, letting her know who is dating who and where all the cute boys can be found. Then, in French class, she was given a french name which sounds just about the same in English- Isabella. (Wait, it gets creepier). In Biology, she has an empty seat next to her in class and couldn't find out from anyone if someone is suppose to sit next to her. Ooooooh, the suspense is building.

I told her that if a fine looking Native American boy pulls up after school on a motorcycle and calls himself Jacob, hop on and don't look back! (She is a Jacob fan.)

Tia is an amazing writer. She has already written one book, although it's still in the rough draft stage. She has written several songs and can draw as well. I told her that she should start her own blog about the similarities between her life and the 'Twilight' series, but she is reluctant to do so. Therefore, I have written this blog entry to let everyone know about her Twilight-esque life, thus far.

I'll make sure to keep you posted on any signs of Edward or the 'cold ones' nearby.

No comments: